We are proud to announce that Dr Tim Read’s new book Walking Shadows: Archetype and Psyche in Crisis and Growth is now out and available.
This book is about high intensity mental states as found in the psychiatric emergency room, in everyday life, in psychotherapy and in spiritual practice. These states can be beautiful or utterly terrifying, they can predispose to illness but if carefully negotiated they carry enormous potential for accelerated development. How can we understand this archetypal layer of psyche and how can we work with its power to enhance our growth.
Using everyday language and using case studies from clinical work in psychiatry and psychotherapy, the author takes the reader on a journey from:
- Breakdown to breakthrough
- Plato’s cave to Jung’s archetypal crisis
- Genetics to transpersonal psychology
- Hearing voices to post traumatic stress disorder
- Psychoanalysis to psychedelics
- The mid life crisis to the encounter with death
- Quantum physics to synchronicity
- Shakespeare to shamanism
- Transcendent nature to mindfulness