Speech and Language Therapy
Help with Speech, Language and Communication Difficulties.
Speech and language therapy is available at The Child & Family Practice both as an adjunct to other services within the practice and as a stand alone facility.
Children and young people up to the age of 20 are seen for evaluation and advice regarding:
- Delays in speech and language development
- Speech sound production difficulties
- Disorders of social communication
- Problems in oral and written comprehension or expression
- Specific language impairment
- Auditory processing difficulties
- Phonological or verbal processing difficulties related to dyslexia/dyspraxia
Treatment is offered at the practice whenever possible. However, in some circumstances an onward referral or home-based programme may be recommended.
We are always happy to discuss your needs before making an appointment. Please call the practice and ask for someone to contact you.
At The Child and Family Practice our specialists can help with both physical and mental health needs, education and family problems, mediation and medicolegal reports.
We aim to offer sensitive individually tailored confidential highly professional services and, where necessary, integrated care across a range of professions and specialities.