MD, MRCPCH, PG-Cert Epilepsy
Dr Becky Bayele is a consultant Community Paediatrician at the Royal Free Hospital NHS Foundation Trust; she works across three sites where she is the Lead for Complex Neurodisability and Chronic Childhood Epilepsy and named Consultant for the special school for children with severe physical and mental disability.
Dr Bayele had held previous Consultant appointments at Barts Health NHS Trust and Guy’s & St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust where she held a variety of senior including Lead for Tower Hamlet Autism Spectrum Disorder Assessment Service (ASDAS), Lead for Lambeth Autism & Neuro-Disability Diagnostic Service (LANDS) and Lead for Autism and Neurodisability British Forces Germany Health Service (BFGHS). Additionally, Dr Bayele also set up joint Autism-CAHMS tertiary diagnostic assessment services in Tower Hamlet and BFGHS which provided second opinion on complex cases.
Dr Bayele’s extensive and broad experience of general paediatrics, community paediatrics, neuro-disability and epilepsy enables her to provide the highest standards of care to patients and their families, relatives, and carers. She is an effective communicator who can relay information in a clear and supportive manner. Dr Bayele belongs to a number of professional bodies and continually updates her practices and knowledge by reflective practice and self-directed learning, as well as attending internal and external seminars, conferences, courses, meetings, peer reviews and accredited trainings.
Areas of Clinical Practice:
1. Comprehensive Developmental Assessment for children with delay in their development (speech, motor, communication, play, self -care skills etc)
2. Children with suspected Autism Spectrum Disorder
3. Chronic Childhood epilepsy
4. Developmental Assessment for Children with complex neuro-disabilities; cerebral palsy, children born premature, chromosome or syndromic abnormalities, children born with hypoxic brain injury
5. General Neurological assessment